If you are on the hunt for insurance, it matters who you choose as your agent. Why? Because not all agents are the same. It is important to work with an agent who has your best interests at heart and who has access to hundreds of products so you can rest assured you have the right coverage based on your needs.
How do I choose an agent?
If you choose to work with an independent agent, he or she will be your agent for all your insurance needs. Unlike insurance agents that work for specific insurance companies, independent agents work with various companies, so they don’t have a special interest in one specific company or product. They can literally shop from multiple companies to find you the best rate possible.
A high-quality agent will always have your best interest at heart and will go to bat for you when it matters most. If you are looking for an agent to handle your insurance needs, here are a few things you should look for:
1. Make sure he or she is an independent agent who can shop around for you and get you the most value for your money.
2. Make sure he or she works for a trusted and well-respected company. You can learn this by reading reviews and seeing what other clients say about the company.
3. Make sure he or she really listens to your needs and doesn’t just tell you what you need without hearing the details of what you are looking for.
4. Find someone who will shop around for you and take the time to get you the best product at the best price.
5. Find someone who is kind and expresses care when talking with you.
6. Find someone who will always take your calls and talk to you about your needs.
7. Make sure your agent is honest and does what he says he will.
8. Find an agent who gets you covered quickly so you aren’t waiting.
Your time is valuable, and your agent should treat it as such. When looking for an insurance agent to partner with, make sure you feel valued and that he or she is taking your case seriously.
What types of insurance does an independent agent sell?
An independent agent can help you with all types of personal and commercial insurance coverages, including those involving:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle insurance
- Homeowner insurance
- Renters insurance
- Condo insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- ATV & powersport insurance
- Boat insurance
- Specialty dwelling insurance
- Flood insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance
- Company cars
- Cargo vans
- Pickup trucks
Want to consult with an experienced independent agent?
If you are seeking help from an independent insurance agent, we can help! OZK Insurance is the leading independent insurance agency in Arkansas and can help you with all your personal and commercial insurance needs. We partner with several insurance companies and can help you get the best products for the best price.
If you need insurance and want to work with an agent you can trust to have your back, get you the best coverage, and advocate for you in the event you need to file a claim, OZK Insurance is here for you! Contact us to learn more and talk with an agent today.